As a boat owner, it's essential to have the right type of protection in case something goes wrong. No matter the size or shape of your watercraft, having watercraft insurance is an important part of owning a boat and navigating on waterways safely. At MD Marine Insurance, we understand your needs when it comes to protecting what matters most – that's why we offer comprehensive policies for all types and sizes of vessels, from cabin cruisers to sailboats. In this blog post, you'll learn more about the range of watercraft covered by MD Marine Insurance as well as the MD Advantage, which is what's included in our watercraft policies.
Why Choose MD Marine?
Before we get into the different types of watercraft we insure, let's go into why you should choose MD Marine for your insurance needs. MD Marine has been serving Canadians for more than 20 years and is dedicated to providing customers with the best coverage for their watercraft. We understand how important it is for you to have peace of mind when navigating in unfamiliar waters, which is why our team will work with you to tailor your policy and ensure you have the right coverage for your needs.
Types of Watercrafts Covered by MD Marine Insurance
At MD Marine Insurance, we offer coverage for a variety of different watercraft and boating styles, including:
- Runabout Boat A popular boat style that is designed for recreational boating. This type of boat usually has seating for up to five people and is great for fishing and watersports.
- Cabin Cruiser These vessels are larger than a runabout boat and often include amenities such as a kitchen, bathroom and sleeping quarters.
- Sailboat A classic sailboat is designed for navigating on water using the power of the wind. These vessels come in a variety of sizes and shapes.
- Pontoon Boat Pontoon boats are popular fishing boats which feature two pontoons on each side of the vessel, allowing it to remain stable in calm waters.
- Fishing Boat These boats are designed for anglers and fishermen, featuring rod holders, fishing equipment storage and seating.
- Jet Boat These vessels are powered by jet propulsion and can reach speeds of up to 60 mph. They are great for watersports like tubing, wakeboarding and skiing.
- Ski Boat A ski boat is designed specifically for watersports, featuring a powerful engine and seating for several people.
- Deck Boat These boats are designed for larger groups of people, with seating for up to 12 passengers. This type of boat is often used for entertaining and sightseeing.
- PWC Also known as personal watercraft, these vessels are designed for one or two people and are typically used for recreational activities on the water. They also go by the name of "jet ski."
- Bass Boat This boat is designed for bass fishing which allows anglers to quickly get to the best fishing spots and back to shore to weigh their catch.
- Sport Boat These types of boats are made to be fast and maneuver through the water with ease.
The MD AdvantageNo matter what type of watercraft you own, our team at MD Marine is here to help make sure you have the coverage you need with the [MD Advantage](https://mdmarine.ca/md-advantage). We offer comprehensive policies that are tailored to each customer's needs and include the following:
- Vermin Coverage
- Agreed Value
- Personal Effects
- Emergency Towing
- Marine Assist
- Pet Coverage
- Dock Links Membership
When you are in need of boat insurance that will protect your watercraft and give you peace of mind, the team at MD Marine Insurance is here to help. With our comprehensive coverage and tailored policies, we make sure that your watercraft is covered no matter where it takes you. Contact us today for more information about our watercraft insurance and get a quote!